1. In most business LANs, which connector is used with twisted-pair networking cable?
2. What characteristic of UTP cable helps reduce the effects of interference?
the metal braiding in the shielding
the reflective cladding around core
the twisting of the wires in the cable
the insulating material in the outer jacket
3. Which method of signal transmission uses radio waves to carry signals?
4. XYZ Company is installing new cable runs on their data network. What two types of cable would most commonly be used for new runs? (Choose two.)
5. With the use of unshielded twisted-pair copper wire in a network, what causes crosstalk within the cable pairs?
the magnetic field around the adjacent pairs of wire
the use of braided wire to shield the adjacent wire pairs
the reflection of the electrical wave back from the far end of the cable
the collision caused by two nodes trying to use the media simultaneously
6. Which of the following is a characteristic of single-mode fiber-optic cable?
generally uses LEDs as the light source
relatively larger core with multiple light paths
less expensive than multimode
generally uses lasers as the light source
7. In LAN installations where potential electrical hazards or electromagnetic interference may be present, what type of media is recommended for backbone cabling?
8. When is a straight-through cable used in a network?
when connecting a router through the console port
when connecting one switch to another switch
when connecting a host to a switch
when connecting a router to another router
9. Which fiber connector supports full duplex Ethernet?
10. Which OSI layer is responsible for binary transmission, cable specification, and physical aspects of network communication?
12. Which characteristics describe fiber optic cable? (Choose two.)
It is not affected by EMI or RFI.
Each pair of cables is wrapped in metallic foil.
It combines the technique of cancellation, shielding and twisting to protect data.
It has a maximum speed of 100 Mbps.
It is the most expensive type of LAN cabling.
13. What is considered a benefit of wireless as a media choice?
more host mobility
lower security risks
reduced susceptibility to interference
less impact of the surroundings on the effective coverage area
14. What are three measures of data transfer? (Choose three.)
15. An installed fiber run can be checked for faults, integrity, and the performance of the media by using what device?
16. What is a primary role of the Physical layer in transmitting data on the network?
create the signals that represent the bits in each frame on to the media
provide physical addressing to the devices
determine the path packets take through the network
control data access to the media
17. What is a possible effect of improperly applying a connector to a network cable?
Data will be forwarded to the wrong node.
Data transmitted through that cable may experience signal loss.
An improper signaling method will be implemented for data transmitted on that cable.
The encoding method for data sent on that cable will change to compensate for the improper connection.
18. Which type of cable run is most often associated with fiber-optic cable?
work area cableTags: network fundamentals chapter 8 exam answers, network fundamentals chapter 8, With the use of unshielded twisted-pair copper wire in a network what causes crosstalk within the cable pairs?, 1: Network Fundamentals – Chapter 8 Exam, ccna introduction to networking chapter 8, chapter8 anwer, CCNA R&S Introduction to Networks Chapter 4, cisco chapter 8 exam, cisco introduction to networking chapter 7 transport layer exam, ccna chapter 8, networking fundamentals chapter 8, CCNA R&S Introduction to Networks Chapter 1, Chapter 8 of the CCNA R&S Introduction to Networks curriculum test, cisco 1 chapter 8 answers, cisco Chapter 8 Exam - Introduction to Networks flash cards, cisco fundamental chapter 8 exam, Cisco CCNA R&S: Introduction to Networks chapter 8, cisco routing and swtching network basic chapter 8 test and answers, exam will cover material from Chapter 1 of the CCNA R&S Introduction to Networks curriculum, fundamentals of datacom chapter 8 test answers